We love smoothies – easy to prepare, super tasty and great when you’re on the go. Whether you like to whizz up a mix of your favourite veg and fruit to start your day or are in need of a glass of goodness following an indulgent weekend, here are our ultimate detox smoothie recipes. Simply combine your ingredients in a strong blender and you’re good to go.
Give your body’s natural detoxification process a helping hand – this one is rich in antioxidants, fibre and essential fats.
- 3 handfuls of kale or spinach
- 2 sticks celery
- 1- 2 apples
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger
- A squeeze of lemon
- 1-3 glasses of pure water (adjust according to how you like the consistency)
A tasty and different way to get your usual Fruiteatox goodness. Tip: Pre-prepare your Fruiteatox lemon Daytox to use as an ingredient – add 500ml of boiling water to two teabags and allow to brew. Cool in the fridge overnight and remove the teabags before using.
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- ½ cup prepared lemon Daytox
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 small handful of ice
Jazz up your standard green smoothie with an injection of chocolate-y goodness.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 banana, frozen and sliced
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp spirulina powder
- 1 heaping tbsp almond butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp preferred natural sweetener, to taste as needed
1 scoop preferred chocolate protein powder (optional)
We love the addition of beetroot in this recipe as it adds a healthy bundle of fibre, magnesium, potassium and vitamin C. For more of a kick, up the cayenne pepper.
- 1 cup raw coconut water or filtered water, plus more as needed
- 1 medium green apple, skin on, cored and diced
- 1 small raw red beetroot, peeled and diced (grated for conventional blenders)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 small avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper