If you’re on a drive to get your beach body back in business or just planning a clean start you might have thought about kick-starting a weight-loss plan. We believe there’s no better way to help your body shed those pounds than to nourish it with lots of tasty, hearty and nutritious meals, so give these healthy detox recipes a go and let us know what you think!
Bye bye plain, hello Purple Porridge
What an amazing boost to accompany your morning cup of Fruiteatox.
- 1 small cooked beetroot, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 100ml water
- Zest of ½ lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 100g blackberries
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 160g jumbo porridge oats
- 500ml water
- 100ml coconut milk
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ apple, finely sliced
- 1 tsp bee pollen to serve
This recipe serves two so simply halve the weight to make porridge for one.
- For the compote, place the beetroot in 100ml water and bring to the boil for 10 minutes until the beetroot is very soft.
- Add the lime, honey and blackberries, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Once cooked, set the mixture aside to cool. (This will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days).
- Next, place the cardamom and cinnamon stick in a pan with the oats and half the water. On a medium heat, bring the water to a simmer and continue stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the water, the coconut milk and a pinch of salt. Bring the mixture back up to a simmer and continue to stir for another 5 minutes. Remove the cardamom pods and cinnamon stick and discard.
- Once the porridge is cooked, divide it into two bowls. Top with finely sliced apple, blackberry compote and a sprinkle of bee pollen.
Super-powered Star Chicken
Thanks to its antioxidant, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, the turmeric in this adapted recipe helps you get a dose of golden goodness.
- 2 tbsp minced fresh tumeric root or 2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 halves chicken breast
- 128g diced shallots
- 128g peeled and diced apple
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Combine turmeric and olive oil. Rub into the chicken. Season. Marinate for 2 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the shallots, apple, sugar, salt and butter to a simmer over a medium-low heat. Cook until browned (about 10 minutes). Add the vinegar and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the grill. Grill the chicken for 5 mins each side until cooked through. To serve, spoon the mixture over each chicken breast.
Jazzy Lunchtime Salad
We couldn’t let you go without trying one of our best recipes from our Vegan Eating Plan. This one is so pretty and colourful, you’ll be tempted to keep it on your desk all day long!
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup olives, chopped
- ¼ cup piquillo peppers, chopped
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- juice from one large lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper together in a small jar and shake vigorously to combine. This is your dressing, and can be stored for 7 days in the fridge.
- Layer all your salad together in a large mason jar and then add two tablespoons of your dressing. This can be stored in the fridge overnight, so it’s easy to grab in the morning!
Great for a mid-morning snack or first thing for breakfast, we love the addition of coconut milk which is packed with magnesium, iron and vitamins c, e and b.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 250ml coconut milk
- Handful raspberries
- 1 banana
Blitz everything together.