Healthy Christmas cookies recipes to try now
We all deserve something nice and sweet at Christmas time, don’t we? If you’re trying to be good but still want to enjoy a festive baked goodie with your cup of tea, try out one of these healthy Christmas cookie recipes – we promise you won’t miss any of those mince pies!
Christmas oat biscuits from Fruiteatox
- 40g of oats
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 orange, zest only
- A handful of dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp of fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Place oats in a bowl along with the zest of a lemon, the zest of an orange, the dried cranberries, fat free Greek yoghurt, honey and a beaten egg. Mix to combine.
- Place tablespoons of the mix on to a lined baking tray and press down with your fingers to achieve a round biscuit shape.
- Bake at 160/gas mark 4 for around 10-15 mins or until the biscuits have hardened and browned very slightly around the edges.
- Note: for a crunchier biscuit, we use just half of the beaten egg. Using the whole egg will make the biscuits spongier.
Raw Chai-Spiced Cookies from A Sunshine Mission
- 200g dates, pitted
- 140g rolled oats
- 2 tsp masala chai spice mix
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until a ball of dough forms.
- Scoop out by the spoonful and roll into balls with your hands.
- Place balls on a cookie sheet and flatten them into cookies.
- Pop them in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
So, there you have our two favourite festive cookie recipes! We hope you enjoy them as much as we do – now all you need is a natural, fruity tea to accompany your cookies! Take a look at our Teatox blends at www.fruiteatox.com.