Paleo Banana Bread
1st August 2014
I love sweet desserts, but I’m always looking for healthy alternatives. Moist, sweet, but not sickly: this is a banana bread that includes no refined sugar, no grains and no added sweeteners. It also handily falls into the category of a ‘paleo’ banana bread, so if you’re into that kind of thing (or are simply looking for a healthy alternative to normal, sugary banana breads) then give this a try:
4 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
4tbs coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
1sbs baking powder
1tbs bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mash bananas and add to peanut butter, eggs and coconut oil. Blend.
3. Once consistency of wet ingredients is smooth, add the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Line a metal bread pan with grease-proof paper and pour in mixture.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool
It’s delicious on its own, but if you require a sweeter taste then this banana bread is also amazing drizzled with honey and sprinkled with extra cinnamon and ginger for a spicy kick. Eat for breakfast, as a snack, or warmed as a dessert…served with a side of greek yogurt.